Thursday, July 17, 2008

A Day with Oma

On Monday I happened to have a "free" afternoon. I called Emma to see if I could pick up the kids to give her some alone time. Surprise, it would be all right. After I had a PB and honey sandwich at their house we took off to the airport to mail Elliot's b-day card. Then we watched some airplanes. When we arrived at Oma's house laundry needed to be folded. Cirrus already knows how to fold and Crimsel was anxious to fold as well. Great job kids! We then played "Go Fish!"

After a short nap Cirrus helped Oma find the canning jars, lids, and canner. She also discovered David's and Dirk's old stick horses I had made. By this time Crimsel was awake and it was time to sort the apricots. They did a wonderful job sorting and putting fruit in the jars. The best was tasting the apricots.

While the apricots were processing the horsies were taken for a ride. Soon they came in for apples, and then went back out to munch and ride.



Cirrus and Crimsel with the processed jars they helped to pack. Thank you, to two wonderful helpers and a job well done!

1 comment:

Da'Owings' said...

how cute and looks like so much fun. kinda makes me wanna be a kid again. and thanks mom! you're the best!