Today we went to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple Open House with Emma and Jon's Family. Cirrus and Crimsel slept over, and Opa and I drove them to the open house.
As we were driving Cirrus was a constant chatter box. Now I remember that she became quiet and didn't say much after 6200 South on Bangerter Highway. Just as we were parking the car, and I'm getting out, Cirrus says very calmly, "Oma, I threw up." I'm thinking, "Oh, a little spit up." I didn't smell anything, so... Boy, was I wrong. Cirrus further enlightened me by saying that she forgot she wasn't suppose to look out the side window, and look up instead. Lucky for us, we had cleaning wipes in the trunk and a bag to put them in. I started cleaning up Cirrus, and Opa cleaned the booster seat. Cirrus was a very good sport. Soon we were on our way. We watched a little video on temples, and then waited in line. While we were waiting Emma, Jon, and Xanthisa joined us. All three of the kids were very well behaved.
Cirrus dutifully open her brochure to match the picture to the room we were in. She made sure that I paid attention to this information. Kids are amazing and entertaining at the same time.
After the tour we took some pictures, ate cookies, drank water, and took some more pictures. Cirrus and Crimsel threw pennies and made wishes.
Cirrus and Crimsel went home with their parents, Keith and I went home and crashed. Keith went to work in the afternoon while I taught English to our Thai friends, went to a wedding reception, and helped Oma with her genealogy, and email. It has been a good day.
1 comment:
oh how fun! We got to take a tour of that temple too a couple months ago. Very beautiful! Emma's children are beautiful! Tell her hi for me! :)
Post a Comment