By way of explanation, we have been through a difficult time with my Mom, and serious illness since February. Things seem to be under better control, and she is once again home. I am playing catch up at home, etc. and can finally start to blog. I think that I will do this in sections, and try to catch up to the best of my ability.
In January my Mom gave me one her prized possessions. It is a walking doll, made of wood. My Dad gave it to her just before she left Holland and immigrated to the U.S. We were never allowed to play with her, but once in a while, Mom would show us how she walked.
She has safely moved from my Mom's fireplace hearth, to my fireplace hearth. Thank you, Mom, for such a wonderful gift!
1 comment:
What a beautiful doll! I've heard of those walking dolls. My mom used to have one too, I think - not nearly as fine as that one I don't think!
Glad Oma is doing better!
Post a Comment