Sunday, January 17, 2010

Christmas Eve Dinner

Since I've had my own children, I've always had a special Christmas Eve Dinner. When we moved back to Utah in the 1980's my Mom and Dad started to join us. We've missed a few when Mom and Dad were serving their mission, and once when we went to Keith's brother's home in Washington for Christmas.


This year was special because my Dad's sister, Nellie, was visiting from Alameda. Dirk and Emma's families came. I am still amazed that they want to come for Christmas Eve Dinner with the little ones, but I am happy that they do! We had dinner first. After reading the Christmas story, and each sharing what they are thankful for we were ready to open presents.





After opening presents we ate vanilla ice cream with lingon berries, and sugar cookies that the grandchildren made! Yum!!!

The big surprise was smoked eel for Mom and Tante Nellie. That is one of their favorites.


After Dirk and Emma's families left, we played games until it was time for Mom and Tante Nellie to go to my sister's house to spend the night.

Here we are playing Gooey Louie. Ask our kids about the initiation.

Next we played Gassy Gus. Don't ask. I think they are really guy games, but like Tante Stein once said, "You always know when you are having a good time...."

We had a wonderful time. Although we missed having David and his family with us, it was good to be with the rest of our little family at Christmas time.

No comments: