Sunday, November 1, 2009

Ending October with Fun

Well, joy of joys, my laptop that I teach with, bring home, and do everything with became severely ill. I brought home on a Monday and it would only open up in safe mode. I tried several times. I had that sick pit in my stomach. How many times do you hear "back up your computer"? I had backed it up, but not recently. Long story short, it wouldn't back up in one fell swoop, so folder by folder, I was able to back things up. Six hours later I was finished, 2:00 am, thank you very much. They did take my laptop at school, diagnosed, and repaired it. I lost my hard drive. When it was returned two days later, I was extremely thankful. However, it had been programed with set up material that was old. So I had to update everything. Taking hours and hours to do so. Restoring my backed up files took only 45 minutes. Like I said, I am grateful to have it all. It took several days to figure out how to make the laptop talk with the the inter net at home. Still don't know why it didn't work and why it does now, just thankful. I rediscovered things I forgot I had, like Elliot walking in David's boots.
Keith took me to Idaho to get potatoes. We had a wonderful time.

Potato Sheds in Aberdeen, Idaho


Inside a potato shed. Yup, that's a lot of potatoes.

We also put flowers on Grandma and Grandpa Peterson's grave, as well as Uncles Max and Neldon. This picture is taken looking east. I love how the sunset colors the whole sky.


We stayed at the Ramada Inn in Pocatello. We will never stay there again. Look at the reviews on line, our experience was similar.

On Sunday, we went to hear Cirrus and Crimsel say their parts for the Primary Program.


This week we had a Halloween Party at school for the teachers. We had Thai food from Thai-Chinese Fast food made by our friend Judy. It was delicious.

Keith and I made witch's fingers.

Our principal had a good time. He repeated his performance for us that he did earlier in the day for the kids at lunch time.

Friday, we went to Dirk and Laura's Ward for Trunk-or-Treating. Somehow we missed the Trunk-or-Treat, but we were in time for Dirk and his Dad to showcase their slow-burn chili. They got great reviews, many raised eyebrows, and many rushing for something to cool their mouths. Dirk and Keith had a great time.

A little lady bug, Ari.

Bree, the Elephant.

Then we went to Emma and Jon's Ward for Trunk-or-Treating. Their ward eats first and then Trunk-or-Treats.


Xanthisa, the Unicorn

Crimsel, The Bee.


The Queen, Cirrus.



Rick and Charlotte Bezzant at the Trunk-or-Treat, friends of ours.


The Bezzant's house. They go all out.


More Halloween Spirit at the Trunk-or-Treat
.

We all had a great time.

2 comments:

Da'Owings' said...

Mom, thanks for coming to the primary program the kids love seeing you and Dad &, Great Oma. And, it was great to have you two at the 'Trunk or Treat'. Crimsel was 'BumbleBee the Transformer'. Just so you know. we had to put makeup on him, 'cause of the "no masks" rule.

Sarah W. said...

I love finding long lost files... They are always a welcome surprise (like finding money in your pocket, that you forgot about!) but I wish you didn't have to find them they way you did. Computer problems are the worst! Looks like a fun Halloween...