On MLK Day we were working at the property and I went out the solarium door. A large bird flew down from the sunrise porch and up over the pool building. It looked like an owl to me. I went out front and then came back the same way. Again a bird flew from the sunrise porch and up over the pool building. I told Keith I thought we had owls. I waited upstairs for quite a while and didn't see anything.
Tuesday after school, I tiptoed and went quietly out the solarium door and stared at an owl sitting in the rafters. I went to Wildflower, and when Keith came home we got ready to go bird watching. We didn't have much success.
Wednesday after school we finally were able to see the owl. Only to discover that there are two owls. Here is the first one that flew away.
Wednesday after school we finally were able to see the owl. Only to discover that there are two owls. Here is the first one that flew away.
This is the one that was left.

2 comments:
You guys are really becoming quite the bird sanctuary. Pretty soon, some animal activists are not going to allow you to finish your house claiming it will be harmful to the birds. It will be commissioned a State Aviary and you will have to start the house all over again. Lets not go there!!
On another thought... can we get one of those owls to scare all the pigeons away??
Now that you mention it I haven't seen pigeons.
Post a Comment