Keith did a lot of work in helping me glue the cracked panels together, and lengthening the door. I spent a lot of time filling in small holes and sanding, fill in and sand some more. We put several coats of paint on the door, and decided on hardware, and what type of glass. I wanted seeded glass. Keith installed the hardware, and placed the glass. One day as he was working, he said, "This is the door my grandma would use to do the laundry." The washing machine was on the enclosed back porch at the time. It is now installed as the current laundry room door. Hence, Mrs. Widdisons's laundry room door. I think it is gorgeous.
Here is one of the other doors that we worked on and restored. These doors are solid wood. When the door was finished we installed it in the master bathroom. It takes a lot of time to refinish the doors, but the memories are priceless, and they look great.





No comments:
Post a Comment