Sunday, May 17, 2009

This, That, and the Other...

On the First Friday in May, Joy Carpenter graduated from the U of U with a double major. This was a super celebration. Marjie's Mom and Dad came as well as several cousins and other various acquaintances. Keith had to work so I took Crimsel and Cirrus with me. Here they are with Marjie's new dog "King". She officially has a male in her house. That would be a Marjie quote.


For Mother's Day we gave Emma and Laura some flowers for their yards.



Keith is still filling in the hole or trench.
I have worked on it, but he does most of the labor.


Here is my Mom on Mother's Day.
Every Mother's Day Daddy made sure Mom had an orchid.
Sometimes we would go to the store with him to buy it.
I can still see the place in ZCMI by the elevators.
They had elevator operators in those days.
Ahh, memories....


Here is Bree standing by her little push toy.
She is growing fast.


On Friday, May 15th we had the Dutch Ladies Evening. Everyone brings a potluck, we eat, and then have a sort of program. This time we gathered to have a demonstration of some Dutch dancing. This is the first one that I was formally invited to. I met a lady that grew up with my Mom and Dad in Rotterdam. It was an enjoyable evening. It was nice to have Emma there.

I watched Crimsel, Xanthisa, and Cirrus Saturday
while Emma and Jon went to a seminar.
We made bread, did laundry, put away some dishes,
made more dirty ones, and played outside.


After the seminar Jon and Emma took me out to the property. There is the trench, all filled in. I guess Keith had most of it filled in when the neighbor came over with a bobcat to help finish it. Keith was grateful for the help. After a while you feel every shovelful for a few days.

1 comment:

Keith, Johanna, et al. said...

Happy Birthday Daddy! I love you!!