Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving Weekend

The week of Thanksgiving was busy at best. Monday and Tuesday were parent teacher conferences. Mom was still at the hospital, and coming home on Tuesday. Really, going to Mary Jane's. That meant that MJ needed to get her home ready. There was running back and forth to get things ready for Mom. Next came a day off, yeah. I watched Hunter while MaryJane took Mom to the Dr.'s.

Thursday was Thanksgiving at MJ's: changed because of Mom's limited mobility and comfort. Dinner was really late, like 5 hours. MaryJane had her part ready, the rest of it wasn't.

Friday, the Dutch Ladies Christmas Party was at Mom's. There were about 40 people there. Since she was at MJ's I opened the building and set most of it up. Mom was able to come to the party, but left early. David was gracious enough to provide the transportation. The people in charge of the party helped to clean up. Jana stayed to do the final cleaning and locking up. The most interesting event was that my former bishop from Puyallup was there. This time the ladies were able to invite their spouses. Bishop Abney's wife died a few years ago and he married a Dutch lady. So there you have it. He was my bishop in 1982-83.

Saturday, we had the Tweed Widdison get together. Laura brought yummy broccoli cheese soup, Linda brought delicious rolls and juice, and Keith and I provided pot pie.

Everyone was really waiting for the pie event. That is what the Widdison Tweed get together is all about. We had the following pies: rhubarb, gooseberry, cherry, pumpkin, peach, blueberry, jumble berry, chocolate, and lemon. I think only two pies were duplicated. They were delicious. And for those who have left overs - they still are.

I didn't take very many pictures because I was playing with kids, and holding babies. I think that was more important. John John and Crimsel played really well together. It is great for Crimnsel to have a boy to play with. Kelsie, Cirrus, and Ari had a fine time running around and playing. Babies: Bekha, Bree, and Xanthisa were entertained by several.

We played Gassy Gus and Gooey Louie. Disgusting but fun games. Juliann, and Jessica had a lot of fun with those games. I must say that Bonnie was a good sport.

We had a great turn out. And had fun. Thanks to everyone who helped out. Susan, Shawn, Linda, John John, Kelsie, Bekha, Cecelia, Ruben, Bonnie, Juliann, Jessica, Keith, Johanna, Dirk, Laura, Ari, Bree, Jon, Emma, Cirrus, Crimsel and Xanthisa were all there.

Today is our 15th Temple Sealing Anniversary. Keith taught 5th Sunday lesson. He did a great job. Happy Anniversary to us!

Well, there is our busy Thanksgiving weekend.

2 comments:

Sarah W. said...

Gooey Louie, I remember... Gassy Gus? Is that Louie's cousin? Don't think I've met him! Maybe its better that way!!

Keith, Johanna, et al. said...

It probably is better that way. I think it is more of a guy game. You will notice that mostly little kids and guys were playing. Your boys (big and small) would probably love playing that game. There were lots of laughs.